Fun Upcoming Events: LA Craft Beer Crawl, LA Food & Wine, The Taste and Point Break Live!
It’s almost here! The fourth annual LA Craft Beer Crawl curated by the Beer Chicks returns tomorrow and Sunday in Downtown Los Angeles. The seven participating bars are Cana Rum Bar, Seven Grand, Las Perlas, Golden Gopher, Coles, Broadway Bar and Casey’s Irish Pub . And here’s a list of the participating breweries.
- Weekend pass: $119
- Early Admission (for one day only) – $69 (Saturday is sold out now)
- General Admission (for one day only) – $49
- Designated Driver (for one day only) – $10
And the third annual LA Food & Wine returns to Downtown August 22-25. There are some other events around town but the majority of the fest is in DTLA. The fest takes place in front of Walt Disney Concert Hall and Patina Restaurant. Grand Avenue between First and Second Streets will be closed for the 4-day food festival.
Ultimate VIP Package – $995
Over 20 events with prices ranging from $50-$350. Check ’em out here.
My picks would be:
- Giada Festa Italiana – Thursday, 8/22
- Tacos & Tequila at the Bungalow – Friday, 8/23
- Asian Night Market hosted by Iron Chef Morimoto – Friday, 8/23
- Ziggy Marley & Ben Ford cooking demonstration – Saturday, 8/24
- Roses from Around the World – Saturday, 8/24
- Grant Achatz Cocktail Demonstration – Saturday, 8/24
- Live on Grand hosted by Curtis Stone – Saturday, 8/24
- Lexus Grand Tasting – Sunday, 8/25
- Duff Goldman Cooking Demonstration – Sunday, 8/25
There are so many more! Which ones are you going to go to?
August 31-September 1
The food doesn’t stop! Following LAFW, The Taste continues the food festival fun Labor Day weekend.
There are 5 great events:
- Opening Night – Friday, 8/30
- Field to Fork with Chef Michael Cimarusti – Saturday, 8/31
- Flavors of LA with Chef Sang Yoon – Saturday, 8/31
- Labor Day Block Party with Chef Nancy Silverton – Sunday, 9/1
- Cocktail Confidential with Matthew Biancaniello – Sunday, 9/1
Weekend pass – $175 (sold out)
Events start at $65 and the opening night party is $125
Sundays until September 29
Admittedly I don’t remember much about the 1991 film, Point Break but that didn’t stop me from going to the Dragonfly to check out the live version created by Jaime Keeling. This interactive show picks someone from the audience to play Keanu Reeves’ FBI agent Johnny Utah role. The rest of the cast are rehearsed actors. In order to get Johnny up to speed, a script girl feeds him the lines. It ends up being a fun, fast and wet show. Be sure to put on those ponchos! You’ll need them in this romp watching Johnny learn to surf to and stop the bad guys.
Now I want to go back to watch Terminator Too on Saturdays!
- VIP Tickets – $35
- General Admission – $25
6510 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90038 — 323-466-6111
© The Minty 2013