Guest Bartenders at Belcampo Santa Monica
The new Belcampo Meat Company in Santa Monica will open later this Fall but are doing special previews during the month of May. They are also kicking off a guest bartenders series beginning with Karen Grill from Bestia. Nick Meyer, the Beverage Director of Soigne Group, curated the list of bartenders. Soigne, co-owned by Josh Goldman and Julian Cox, will be putting together the bar program for Belcampo this Fall.
- May 1st – Karen Grill of Bestia and Beefeater and Plymouth Gins
- May 2nd – Otis Florence of New York’s Attaboy, Pouring Ribbons, and Encanto Pisco
- May 3rd – Chris Amirault of the forthcoming Harlowe
- May 7th – Jeremy Lake of Crossroads Kitchen and Breaker Bourbon
- May 8th – Joel Black of Pisco Porton
- May 9th – Aaron Stepka of Acabar
- May 10th – Ken Baranda of Hakkasan
- May 14th – Dave Kupchinsky of The Eveleigh
- May 15th – Dave Fernie of Honeycut
- May 16th – Zach Patterson of Melrose Umbrella Co.
- May 17th – Chris Day of Honeycut
- May 20th – Alex Barbatsis of Rivera, featuring tiki
- May 21st – Alex Straus of Tequila Ocho, Pierde Almas Mezcal, Atlantico Rum, Ancho Reyes, and Akvinta Vodka
- May 22nd – Kiowa Bryan of The Eveleigh, House Spirits and Paul Sanguinetti of Patina Group
- May 23rd – Amanda Gunderson of Congenial Spirits
- May 24th – Andrei Kissin of Rivera
- May 28th – Courtney White of Short Order
- May 29th – Hilary Chadwick of Pettycash Taqueria
- May 30th – Eric Giardina of Tequila Fortaleza and El Jolgorio Mezcal
While the burger seems to be the thing to get, I have heard good things about the housemade chex mix, asparagus with arugula and lardons and the steak frites.
May is going to be a busy month!
Belcampo is now offering a 3-course prix fixe for $34. The set meal also includes a cocktail.
Choice of Beef Fritters or Beef Heart Skewers
Belcampo Burger & Beef Tallow Fries
Cocktail: Rome with a View: Campari, vermouth, lime, simple syrup, soda
1026 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401 — 310-451-5750
© The Minty 2014