Save the Date – April Chinatown Crawl
Save the Date!
The Minty invites you to join her as she hits 5-8 spots in LA’s Chinatown on Sunday, April 29 at 11 AM.
11 AM – Family Pastry vs Yum Cha Cafe
We’ll start at Family Pastry and then go over to Yum Cha Cafe. The plan is to get similar items for a dim sum battle.
- Family Pastry: 715 N Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012 – (213) 622-5255
- Yum Cha Cafe: 638 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012 — (213) 617-8698
11:45AM – shopping at Wing Hop Fung Ginseng
Get all your Chinese dry goods here
- 727 N Broadway, Ste 102, Los Angeles, CA 90012 — (213) 626-7200
12:30PM – Hoan Kien & Kim Chuy
Find your favorite noodle – will it be the Vietnamese banh cuon at Hoan Kien or Chiu Chow noodles at Kim Chuy?
- Hoan Kien: 727 N Broadway, Ste 130, Los Angeles, CA 90012 — (213) 617-3650
- Kim Chuy: 727 N Broadway, #103, Los Angeles, CA 90012 — (213) 687-7215
1:30PM – Homeboy Bakery
Coffee and pastries from former gang members.130 W Bruno St., Los Angeles, CA 90012 — (213) 617-0365
2:30PM – Phillipe the Original French Dip
Phillipes and Cole’s has dithered about who came up with the French dip. We’ll tackle that debate head on – perhaps someone would be kind enough to run off for Cole’s take-out for us?
- 1001 N Alameda St., Los Angeles, CA 90012 — (213) 628-3781
3:30PM – Spring Street BBQ
All that crawling! All that food! Time for BBQ and a beer.
- 640 N Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012 — (213) 626-0535
These are general times for the stops. I will also be taking the crawlers through more of Chinatown pointing out the highlights such as the hospital the Minty was born at (exciting! yes, really!), back alleys and describe the history of Chinatown. There may even be ghost stories!
Please bring cash! You are welcome to join us at any point. Please check my twitter feed that day to for the latest updates.