L.A. Loves Alex’s Lemonade Returns to UCLA’s Royce Quad on Saturday, September 8
LA Loves Alex’s Lemonade is one of my favorite food festivals of the year. This year it returns on Saturday, September 8 to Royce Quad at UCLA. Hosted by James Beard Foundation awards-winners Chef Suzanne Goin and partner Carolyn Styne along with The Hungry Cat’s Chef David Lentz, this is the ninth year of LA Love’s Alex’s Lemonade!
General admission tickets are $195 and the funds raise goes to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation whose mission is to find cures and better treatments for kids with cancer.
Premier tickets at $1200 includes early access to the festival along with VIP seating as well as an exclusive invitation to the welcome dinner the evening before on September 7. Children 12 and under are free with accompanying adult.
Last year’s fest raised over 1.3 million dollars with over 2000 attendees. Be sure to stop by the silent auction at the event.
One of my favorite participating Alex’s Lemonade chefs is Chris Bianco. He usually does pizza but he surprised us last year with veggie lasagna.
I also liked Giada’s muffaletta.
Partial List of Participating Chefs
- Nick Anderer (NYC) – Maialino
- Chris Bianco (Phoenix) – Pizzeria Bianco
- April Bloomfield (L.A.) – The Hearth &Hound
- Josef Centeno (L.A.) – Bäco Mercat
- Michael Cimarusti (L.A.) – Providence
- Josiah Citrin (L.A.) – Melisse
- Giada De Laurentis (Las Vegas) – Giada
- Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken (L.A.) – Border Grill
- Gavin Fine (Jackson Hole, WY) – Fine Dining Restaurant Group
- Michael Fiorelli (L.A.) – Love & Salt
- Ben Ford (L.A.) – Ford’s Filling Station
- Jeremy Fox (L.A.) – Rustic Canyon
- Chris Flint (L.A.) – NoMad Los Angeles
- Neal Fraser (L.A.) – Redbird
- Evan Funke (Venice, CA) – Felix Trattoria
- Suzanne Goin (L.A.) – Lucques, a.o.c., Tavern
- Hedy Goldsmith (L.A.) – Sweet Hedy
- Timothy Hollingsworth (L.A.) – Otium, Barrel & Ashes
- Eva Ein (Santa Barbara) – McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams
- Bruce Kalman (L.A.) – Union, Knead & Co.
- Sara Kramer & Sarah Hymanson (L.A.) – Kismet
- David LeFevre (Manhattan Beach, CA) – Manhattan Beach Post, Fishing with Dynamite
- David Lentz (L.A.) – The Hungry Cat
- Donald Link (New Orleans) – Pêche, Herbsaint, Cochon, Cochon Butcher
- Jenn Louis (Portland, OR) – Ray
- Tyler Malek (L.A.) – Salt & Straw
- Kevin Meehan (L.A.) – Kali
- Matt Molina (L.A.) – Everson Royce Bar, Triple Beam Pizza
- Zoe Nathan (L.A.) – Huckleberry
- Bryant Ng (L.A.) – Cassia
- Nancy Oakes (San Francisco) – Boulevard
- Adam Perry Lang (Hollywood) – APL Restaurant
- Zachary Pollack (L.A.) – Alimento, Cosa Buona
- Steve Samson (L.A.) – Sotto, Rossoblu
- Michael Schwartz (Miami) – The Genuine Hospitality Group, Amara at Paraiso
- Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo (L.A.) – Animal Restaurant Group
- Nancy Silverton (L.A.) – Mozza Restaurant Group
- Jonathan Sundstrom (Seattle) – Lark, Bitter/Raw, Slab Sandwiches & Pie
- Shannon Swindle (L.A.) – Craft
- Suzanne Tracht (L.A.) – Jar
- Marc Vetri (Philadelphia) – Vetri Cucina
- Michael Voltaggio (L.A.)
- Rocco Whalen (Cleveland/Charlotte) – Fahrenheit
- Jason Winters (L.A.) – Urban Pie
- Sherry Yard (L.A.) – IPIC Group
- Shiho Yoshikawa (L.A.) – Sweet Rose Creamery
And the bartenders!
- Eric Alparin (L.A.) – Varnish
- Shawn Lickliter (L.A.) – Republique
- Federico Lozano – Mezcal El Silencio
- Daniel Zacharczuck (L.A.) – Bibo Ergo Sum
- Ignacio Murillo (L.A.) – Lucques Group
- Beau du Bois (L.A.) – Clifton’s Republic, The Edison LA/Disney Springs
- Christiaan Rollich (L.A.) – Lucques Group
- Neal Bodenheimer (New Orleans) – Cure
- Darin Manahan (L.A.) – Manahan + Co
- Kim Stodel (L.A.) – Providence
I’ll see you in Westwood!
- UCLA’s Royce Quad
- Saturday, September 8
- 12:30-4:30 PM
© 2018 The Minty