Madison: Checking Out Wisconsin Brewing Company
I had jam packed schedule when I was in Madison for the weekend recently. And one of the activities included a brewery tour at Wisconsin Brewing Company.
We tried 12 of their beers:
- Badger Club – Amber Ale
- Chocolate Lab – Porter – I liked this one
- Yankee Buzzard – IPA
- Pineapple – Hefeweizen – great for summer drinking
- Wisconsin Vacation- Pilsner
- Sunset Bruise – IPA
- Depth Charge- Scotch Ale (barrel-aged) – really enjoyed this one
- Zenith- Farmhouse Saison
- S’Wheat Caroline- American Wheat Ale
- Porter Joe- Coffee Porter — Yes!
- Wiskator- Dark Dopplebock (barrel-aged) – woohooo!!!
- Warpigs Lazurite – IPA (guest tap)
I’m a whiskey girl so I tend to like dark beers like porters and stouts. As you can see from the above, those were absolutely the beers I loved. But my all time favorite was the Scotch Ale, Depth Charge which was barrel aged. IPA drinkers will enjoy the Wisconsin Brewing two offerings though. I prfered the Yankee Buzzard over the Sunset Bruise.
The brewery tour gave you an idea how big their production is though I suspect many come for the events. It was a hoppin’ (no pun intended) scene on a Friday afternoon.
Many thanks to my drinking pals for tackling the 12 beer flight– which turned into 13 as we also tasted their Radler they made with a local college.
Also huge thanks to the Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau for a fun weekend!
© 2018 The Minty
I forgot to mention the Radler. I liked that!
It might be my new fave radler!
LikeLiked by 1 person