POSTPONED!!! DTLA: Ramen Alert at Fifty Seven
Edited – Postponed. Will update with a new date soon.
Fifty Seven has a couple of exciting series in addition to a new chef, Josh Drew. Fifty Seven just launched brunch on both Saturdays and Sundays last weekend and on Mondays, there will be a series of guest chefs. T
his coming Monday on August 25, Fifty Seven welcomes Chef Jesse Barber from Barnyard. Although classically trained in French cuisine, Chef Jesse spent sometime in a Japanese kitchen. He is offering a $49 tasting menu of ramen, skewers, salads and other Japanese fare. In addition, a wine pairing will be offered for $15.
Walk-ins are welcome but best to make reservations!
I totally want the crab shio ramen!
- Traditional Ramen with chashu pork, soft-boiled egg, traditional condiments
- Shio Ramen with miso, crab broth, soft-shell crab
- Sticky Chicken Wings
- Shishito Peppers
- Ora King Salmon Belly
- Shredded Pickle Salad
- “Hayayako” Tofu with smoked mackerel, scallion
- “Kara-age” Japanese Fried Chicken
- Tuna Poke with quail egg
- Pork Belly with pickled watermelon rind
- Dungeness Crab Siu Mai with hot mustard
- Yakisoba with crispy chicken skin, scallion, sesame, shoyu
- “Onigiri” with ora king salmon roe, florida bottarga
- “Okonomiyaki” with octopus, bull-dog sauce & kewpie mayonnaise
- Chinese Hot Mustard
- Yuzu Kosho
- Daikon Snow
- Prepared Garlic
- Shichimi Togarashi
- Crab Miso
- Slice o’ Melon (frozen)