2015 Evening of Tiki Returns to The Spare Room
Calling all tiki nerds! The popular tiki series, An Evening of Tiki, returns to the Spare Room beginning this Wednesday May 13th with Brian Miller. New Beverage Director Yael Vengroff has taken over the reins from Naomi Schimek. She continues the tradition of exciting guest bartenders and brings her own flair to The Spare Room.
Upcoming Evening of Tiki nights:
- May 13- Brian Miller (Tiki Mondays, NYC)
- June 3- John Gertsen (ABV, SF), Will Thompson (Pour Decisions, Boston) and Scott Marshall (22 Square, Savannah, GA)
- July 1- Devon Tarby and Mary Bartlett (Proprietors, LLC- LA)
- August 5- Lynnette Marrero (Speed Rack, Drinks At 6, NYC) and Mindy Kucan (Hale Pele, PDX)
- September 2- Chris Bostick (Half Step, ATX) and Ryan Rouse (Grand Prize Bar, HTX)
Last year my favorite evenings including Paul McGee from the acclaimed Chicago tiki bar, Three Dots and a Dash (also a wonderful tiki drink) and Erick Castro from Polite Provisions rocking out hard with Santa Teresa Rum. This year I’m particularly looking forward to our hometown girls, Devon and Mary from Proprietors, LLC (Honeycut, Normandie Club, etc) as well as Speed Rack co-founder Lynnette Marrero and tiki babe Mindy Kucan from Portland. It should also be very fun with Chris Bostick, formerly of The Varnish, on September 2nd.
An Evening of Tiki
Mezzanine Level of the Roosevelt Hotel, 7000 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028 – 323-769-7296
© The Minty 2015