Get Ready for Art Beyond the Glass, Sunday, June 17
As I’ve bounced around from cocktail week to cocktail week around the country (Portland, Scottsdale and most recently New York), enthusiasts have cried for a good cocktail event in L.A. Well, this city doesn’t just do things just because everyone else is doing it. Booze nerds, raise your coupes! Providence bar manager Zahra Bates and cocktail blogger Daniel Djang from Thirsty in LA came up with Art Beyond the Glass, a boozey event celebrating the other talents of LA’s finest bartenders. There will be food by Sadie’s consulting chef Mark Gold, DJs, live music, art and more on Sunday, June 17 at Sadie in Hollywood. Tickets are only $40 and proceeds go to charity. Art Beyond the Glass benefits Inner-City Arts providing arts education to at-risk youths.
I’m looking forward to the chalk art of Justin Pike, the photography of Mia Sarazen and Eugene Lee, the magic show from Joshua Lucas and the live performances as well from Mad Planet, Lindsay Nader and Laura Lindsay. Below are all the participating bartenders. This is really an unprecedented and not-to-be-missed event.
- Special performance by Aidan Demarest and Marcos Tello – Tello Demarest Liquid Assets, 1886 Bar at The Raymond, Neat, Tom Bergin’s
- Rich Andreoli (Bartending), Mia Sarazen (Bartending/Photography) – Areal
- Matt Biancaniello (Bartending) – Library Bar at The Roosevelt
- Chris Bostick – The former GM of The Varnish has graciously donated a couple of his graphic prints to display at Art Beyond The Glass.
- Brian Butler (Bartending and displaying his art) – Sunny Spot, A-Frame
- Julian Cox (Bartending) – Picca, Playa, Rivera, Short Order, Sotto
- Edwin Cruz (Bartending) – Tlapazola Grill
- Allan Katz (DJ), Angela Gomez (Bartending) – Caña
- Eugene Lee (Bartending/Photography), Dan Long and Rosie Ruiz (Bartending) – Big Bar at Alcove
- Lil’ Twisted Sangrita featuring Cari Hah (Neat) & Jaymee Mandeville (Drago Centro) – (Both will be Bartending)
- Laura Lindsay (Live Music Performance) – Providence
- Steve Livigni (DJ), Pablo Moix (Street Art – Live Graffiti), Dave Fernie (DJ), Lindsay Nader (Bartending/Live Performance) – Harvard & Stone, La Descarga, Pour Vous
- Joshua Lucas (Magic Show) – The Writer’s Room
- Live Performance by Mad Planet featuring Cooper Gillespie and Monica Olive (Thirsty Crow), Tony Crouse (Broadway Bar), Greg Gordon (supperclub)
- Giovanni Martinez, Greg Bryson (Bartending) – Sadie
- China Morbosa (Artist) – Eveleigh
- Chris Ojeda, Mia Mastroianni (Bartending) – Soho House
- Justin Pike (Bartending/Artist) – The Tasting Kitchen
- Jason Schiffer (Bartending) – 320 Main
- Naomi Schimek, Diana Gettinger (Both will be DJing)– The Spare Room
- Erik Trickett (Live Piano Performance) – Roe Restaurant & Fish Market
- Kylee Van Dillen, Dan McClary (Bartending) – Westside Tavern
- Daniel Zacharczuk (Bartending), Ricky Yarnall (Artist) – Bar|Kitchen
Cocktails and special tastings provided by sponsors Infinium Spirits, Karlsson’s Vodka, Sailor Jerry, Becherovka, Campari Gruppo, Java Juice, Atlantico Rum, Akvinta Vodka, St. George Spirits, Heaven Hill Distilleries, Henry Wine Group and 123 Tequila. Additional sponsorship and support provided by dineLA and smartwater
Sunday, June 17 from 3-8PM
Tickets available here. Purchase online to save $10! $50 at the door.
Sadie Kitchen & Lounge1638 N Las Palmas Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90028 — (323) 467-0200 *artwork by Dave Stolte, from Thirsty in LA