BevCon Los Angeles Arrives August 19-21 to Koreatown’s The Line Hotel
BevCon arrives to Los Angeles on August 19. The three-day drinks festival celebrates all things beverage including wine and spirits with plenty of cocktails! The festival all takes place at the Line Hotel on Wilshire in Koreatown.
I’ve looked over the schedule and here are my top picks for the sessions:
Sunday, August 19
- The Internet: You’re Doing it Wrong
- Women in Power Empowering Women
- Getting the Best ROI on Events
- Addressing and Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Work Place
- Gin Methodology: Single vs Multi-shot
Monday, August 20
- Open Up: Making the Case for Aperitif Service
- Worst Case Scenarios: Dealing with Disasters
- Creating Dynamic Programming for Beverage Retail
- Make Your Mark: Trademarking 101
- Beyond Porto: Portugal’s New Wines of Relevance
- The World of Sugarcane Distillates
- Craft Tourism: Turning Visits in Victory
- Making Cider Work for You
- The Vulnerable Bartender: Authenticity Behind the Bar
- Mezcal Mechanics: The Role of the Still
- Malt Momentum: The Modern World of Single Malt Whisk(e)y
Tuesday, August 21
- Hip Hop’s Influence on the World of Wine and Spirits
- Is this American Brandy’s Moment? What about now?
- Wine Without Borders: History of Baja Wines
- Bartending While Black: John Dabney’s Life and Legacy
- Going to the Dark Side: When Somms become Reps
- Drinking 2020: The Future is Now
- A Zero Waste Bar Program or How to Get Close
Parties include the welcome party on Sunday starting at 6:30 that pays homage to BevCon’s roots: Charleston. Considering how we’ve had a Southern food boom in LA, this will fit right in. And then the closing “Let’s Get Lit” party at No Vacancy sounds a lot of fun. Pal around with booze writers as they read from their works while having some drinks.
There will also be on-site bars at the Line which sound a bit like bar takeovers for about an hour twice a day. For instance, the first one on Sunday is from 12:15 to 1:15 featuring Haus Alpenz. And then it reopens at 4:45 with William Grant and Sons. Check the schedule for the Monday and Tuesday on site bars.
Also there will be bar popups around town. On Sunday, the popups are in Downtown. Popular bars Broken Shaker, Golden Gopher and Bar Clacson will each host a guest bartender and featured drink. Check out the schedule here for the DTLA popups.
On Monday, check out the popups in Hollywood. And then the popups stay nearby in Ktown on Tuesday night.
It’s going to be a jam-packed three days! And don’t forget to buy tickets!
Sunday, August 19 – Tuesday, August 21
© 2018 The Minty
Pingback: The Minty’s Spirits Week: Spring 44 Distilling from Colorado | The Minty
Pingback: The Minty’s Spirits Week: Copper and Kings American Brandy Company | The Minty