DTLA: Stu and the Kids Asian Food Festival Returns on August 4
Stu and the Kids, Flavors of Asia, food festival returns on Sunday, August 4 to Vibiana in Downtown Los Angeles. It’s one of my favorite food festivals and benefits the orphans from the Hill Tribe in Thailand.
The food is mostly Thai but there are other Asian tidbits and lots of beer, wine and cocktails.
I’m going to repeat some of my tips from last year:
- get there early
- you don’t have to eat everything
- if the line is really long, try back later
- don’t forget to drink water (or wine, beer or cocktails, your choice but really, drink water)
- participate in the auctions if you can
As mentioned, there are lots of things to imbibe. I’m looking forward to whatever “tipple smith” Josh Lucas serves. This is his beautiful punch from last year.
Participating chefs and restaurants:
- Neal Fraser from Redbird and Vibiana
- Walter Manzke and Republique
- Wolfgang Puck Catering
- Mei Lin and Nightshade
- Hugo Bolanos from Hotel Bel-Air
- The Olive Pit
- The Ensaymada Project
- Gilberto Cetina from Chichen Itza and Holbox
- Bar Amá
- Warren & Rose Schwartz from Magpies Softserve
- Savore Catering
- Restaurant 917 at the Porsche Experience
- Tender Greens
- Same Same Thai
- Ayara Thai Cusine
- Chao Krung
- The Tuck Room Tavern
- Patina Catering
- Sinners & Saints
- Otus Thai Kitchen and Coffee
- Friends & Family
- Food Network celebrity chef Jet Tila
And many more!
Be tempted by the live and silent auction items. There was some great jewelry I was eyeing last year. I am also looking forward to the Muay Thai boxing demos as well as traditional Thai dance.
See you there!
Stu and the Kids Food Fest & Fundraiser
- Sunday, August 4
- 3-7 p.m.
214 S Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
© 2019 The Minty